Our Core Values
How can you know if New Carlisle Wesleyan is right for you? You'll find no better place to start searching than our ten Core Values, which shape everything we do.
We Believe That....
1. Lost people matter to God, and therefore matter to the church. (Luke 5:30-32, Luke 15, Matthew 18:14, John 3:16)
2. The church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure. (I Corinthians 9:19-23)
3. Christ-followers should pursue holiness and continually take steps toward intimacy with Christ. (2 Corinthians 7:1, Hebrews 12:1, Philippians 1:6-11)
4. The ministries of the church should be based upon the spiritual gifts, temperaments and talents of its Christ-followers. (I Corinthians 12 and 14, Romans 12, Ephesians 4, Psalm 133:1)
5. The church should offer opportunities for all people to take steps toward Christ through service or participation at their level of commitment. (Romans 12:6)
6. Ministry is best accomplished when the body of Christ works together. (I Corinthians 13, Nehemiah 3, Luke 10:1, John 13:34-35)
7. Clear biblical teaching is the catalyst for life transformation, and that ongoing life-change happens best in small groups. (Luke 6:12-13, Acts 2:44-47)
8. Excellence honors God and inspires people. (Colossians 3:17, Malachi 1:6-14)
9. The church should be led by Christ-followers with leadership gifts who have embraced the mission, vision and core values of their church. (Nehemiah 1-2, Romans 12:8, Acts 6:2-5)
10. Taking steps in the context of full devotion to Christ and His cause is normal for every Christ-follower. (I Kings 11:4, Philippians 2:1-11, II Corinthians 8:7, Colossians 3:23)